Saturday August 20, 2022
Starts 12:01am & Ends 3:00pm
6th Annual Catfish Chaos Derby
Town: ___________________________________________ State: _______ Zip: _____________
Cell Phone: ___________________ E-mail: ___________________________________________
Please indicate desired Entry Fee option:
____ Adult: $25.00 ____ Child under age 16: $10.00 ____ Sponsor a child: $10
____ Donate to the HRFA’s drive for Eric Allen. 100% of these separate donations will go directly to his family. Please give as generously as you can. Click HERE to make your special donation online. Be sure to mention it is for the family Eric Allen.*
Mail Checks Payable to “HRFA Catfish Chaos Derby” to: H.R.F.A., P.O. Box 421, Cresskill, NJ 07626 or H.R.F.A., P.O. Box 421, Piermont, NY 10968
The undersigned angler (“Angler”) on behalf of himself/herself and personal representatives, assigns, heirs, executors, and successors hereby fully and forever releases, waives, and discharges the H.R.F.A. and all sponsoring or cosponsoring companies, organizations or individuals related to the Derby (collectively “Releasees”) from all liability to the Angler and his/her personal representatives, assigns, heirs, executors and successors for loss(es), damage(s), claims thereof on account of injury to Angler or his/her property or the resultant death of Angler whether caused by active or passive negligence of the Releasees or otherwise, in connection with the Angler’s participation in the Derby (“Losses”), and further covenants not to sue any of the aforementioned parties for such Losses. Angler is fully aware of the risks and hazards inherent in participating in the Derby and elects to voluntarily participate. Angler hereby assumes all risks of loss(es), damage(s), or injury(ies) that may be sustained by him/her while participating in the Derby. Angler represents and warrants to the Releasees that he/she is in good physical condition and is able to safely participate in the Derby. Angler warrants that all statements made herein are true and accurate and understands that Releasees have relied on them in allowing Angler to participate in the Derby.
ANGLER HAS READ THE FOREGOING AND INTENTIONALLY AND VOLUNTARILY SIGNS THE GENREAL RELEASE, WAIVER OF LIABILITY AND PARTICIPATION AGREEMENT.
Angler’s Signature: ________________________________________ Date: __________
2022 HRFA CATFISH CHAOS DERBY RULES
- Fishing in the Hudson River and its tributaries only.
- Event will be held rain or shine.
- Only channel catfish, white catfish, and bullheads will be counted.
- Fish can only be caught using a rod and reel.
- Fish will be checked in by length.
- Fishing from shore and boat allowed.
- Fish must be alive at check in. The HRFA promotes catch and release. Therefore, dead fish count at half the length.
- One entry per angler. Largest fish checked in counts.
- Fishing starts at 12:01am and ends at 3:00pm. You must be at a weigh station by 3:15pm.
- Ties are determined by time of catch. Earliest fish wins.
- Check in starts at 8:00am. For any fish caught prior to 8:00am send photo of fish to 845-300-1562 or 551-265-3460 for time stamp of catch. You must still check fish in to count.
- Registration ends at 8:00pm Friday August 19th.
- Prize structure is subject to change.
- All New York and New Jersey rules and regulations apply depending on state fished.
- THE Hudson River Fishermen’s Association and all sponsors are released from any and all claims, demands, or causes of action arising out of or resulting from any participation in this derby.
- All decisions of the derby committee are final.